What do you see as the top ten apologetic or evangelistic questions?

conversationalevangelism
balajiednongrum

(Carson Weitnauer) #1

Hi Bala,

What do you see as the top ten apologetic or evangelistic questions? What issues do you think a new apologist should study to be prepared for the widest range of conversations?

gratefully,
Carson

(Balajied Nongrum) #2
My apologies for the delay. I am still trying my level best to navigate my way around this site. Please bear with me.

Some of the habits that I think are important for an evangelist to practice in his or her life are as follows. By the way this list is definitely not exhaustive! May be you or the others can add more to this list so that we can all learn together.

1. First, one needs to cultivate the habit of reading the Scriptures regularly. By reading I mean both 'devotional' as well as in-depth study (For me it is the 'inductive' study approach of a book in the Bible). This keeps my soul refresh...!
  2. Secondly, apart from reading the Scriptures, I have also come to realize the importance of reminding myself about the truth of the Gospel in my life or as Jerry Bridges would say, "the habit of preaching the gospel to yourself" (Rom 8:1) again and again.
  3. Thirdly, 'praying' and 'fasting' on specific days of the week both individually as well as within a team, specifically for the task of evangelism in any particular context that one is call to minister or has burden for...
  4. Fourthly, on a personal level I do try to listen to evangelistic talks given by great men of God on a regular basis. For example the powerful talk delivered by Dr. Ravi on "The lostness of man".
  5. Fifthly, irrespective of whether we have invitation or not to speak in an evangelistic meeting, we should definitely go out to witness regularly among the non Christians specially on a one on one or even while we are traveling.

(Kay Kalra) #3