What is the biblical view about confession of sin and forgiveness?

What is the biblical view about confession of sin and forgiveness? Is it once forgiven always forgiven or Is forgiveness from God based on continual process of confession of sins?

2 Likes

This is such a very good question. I believe salvation is a gift. I also believe that a sincere commitment and acceptance of Christ into your life makes you a child of God. No one can take them away or condemn them. We make mistakes after we a children of God so he is just to forgive us of our sin. A couple good links for you to ponder can be found here. Search your question, but here are two to assist your exploration of the topic.

1 Like

Great question @wanen. What Jesus did, his death on the cross is the redemption of the broken relationship we had with God. That started with Adam. We had lost that ability to be with God in heaven for eternity afterlife. So by truly repenting our sins and accepting Christ as our savior and Lord, we regain the free gift of being the Children of God once again. Now once you are a Child of God, a new creation, having repented and understood our sins, the goal is to be and do as a child of God would and do. We still retain our free will and thus, we are not forced in anyway or shape. So if by our choice we choose not to want God, God is not going to force us to be in heaven again even if he opened the heaven door that was closed before because of Adam. Not choosing to be with God is not just by our mouth but it includes our actions as well. God says if you love me keep my commandments. He showed his love by dying for us, so if we love him, we too would do the same.

Now the challenge that many face and what brings this issue in my opinion is when people sin after their salvation and when they struggle to be righteous. We are nothing without the guidance and help of our creator and God that knows us better than ourselves. We have the Holy Spirit and if we abide in him and his word, we can resist temptation and walk in the ways of God. When we fall, we repent and ask for forgiveness. In time, we will get better and better. If we have the will, he has said it, ask and you’ll find. Knock and the door will be opened. He is our loving father, all powerful and all knowing, he says Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened in Matthew 11:28, and I will give you rest. And Philippians 4:13 says

Blockquote I can do all things through [a]Christ who strengthens me.

God bless you. Continue to ask and seek. He will not fail you.

1 Like