What sort of body are children resurrected with

I am not aware if the Bible teaches anything about kids who die before adulthood. Are they raised up with childrens bodies? I Cor 15 speaks of a spiritual body. So maybe the question is moot?

1 Like

Great question, I have wondered the same thing! I have come to think that if we all are given perfect glorified bodies, not old ones to the old or infant ones to the babies, we will all look to have the same maturity. I don’t imagine any of us will look the age we were when we die but those are just my thoughts. I’ve never heard anyone answer this question really. :blush:

The mainstream view, which I think is valid, is that infants who die are not held accountable for sins.

The principle is that people are held accountable for whatever level of light they were given. Those who sin against greater light face greater judgment, those who sin against less light face less judgment, those who sin against no light face no judgment.

Of course, all men have the light of creation without and the law conscience within, and those who sin against that light and law are held to a lower standard than those who also sin against the greater light of divine revelation in the Bible.

But infants have no awareness of any of these things - and where no law is, there is no transgression (Romans 4:15) - sin is not imputed when there is no law (Romans 5:13).

Of course, children are still born with the same sin nature that has corrupted the whole human race - otherwise, they would not be subject to death at all (Romans 5:14).

But without any moral awareness of good and evil, they are still essentially in a state of innocence hardly different from Adam and Eve before they bit the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil.

As such, the natural assumption is that they will be resurrected in bodies like Christ’s risen body (Philippians 3:20-21).

I’m not sure that bodies designed for eternity would really give any impression of age at all. They might be timeless so that one would seem as an ancient soul when making wise statements and as an infant soul when basking in the Father’s love.

Speculative, of course, but fun to think about!

1 Like

I agree, but I wonder at what age one leaves the innocence of childhood

I don’t think you can assign a specific age to that - some who are severely handicapped might never reach it. Like anything, different people mature in different areas at their own rates.

But I think it is important to teach children the Bible at levels they can handle at every age. We read the Bible to our children when they were still in the womb!

I think of this verse with have some perspective on our heavenly bodies.

for they cannot die anymore, because they are equal to angels and are sons of God, being sons of the resurrection. - Luke 20:36

Not sure exactly Jesus said they will be like the Angel’s of God. But knowing this.

II Corinthians 5:17 NKJV
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.

Yes a different way to look at this passage I know, but this will literally happen.

Changed in a moment.

Christ came to restore what was lost in the Garden. The main things lost were innocence and fellowship, for only good was known before sin.

His amazing grace is simply
AMAZING.
Mike

1 Like