What was it like to convert from Hinduism to Christianity? Also, what is some advice that you would give for Christians trying to reach Hindus in India?

Dear Sanj, thank you for being here.

Were you seriously practicing Hindu until the time you accepted Jesus. (Like studying the teachings of the religion and everything?)?. I am asking this as I know many who do not practice Hinduism quiet seriously except for keeping some outward rituals.

Would you describe in your own words, how was it like for you to shift from a Hindu worldview to the Christian worldview and what were some of the challenges you went through as you embraced the Christian faith?

What are some advice that you would give for Christians to reach Hindus in India?

Thank you

4 Likes

Hi Moses,

Thank you for your question and first of all I was not a practicing Hindu but I did believe in karma along with reincarnation in that I would be judged after this life.

My shift to Christianity was that I know longer lived in fear and that I had security now. Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. Romans 5:1 It is the peace of Christ that changed everything for me!

I guess the big difference from my old worldview and Christianity would be that I “hoped”I would have eternity but when I met Christ I was “certain” that I had it.

“My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand.”

John 10:27-28 ESV

Personally some of the challenges that I went through was the feeling of guilt and remembering my past but I’m able to remind myself that, “There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. Romans 8:1 ESV .

My advice for Christians to Hindus is to read about Hinduism but more importantly to find out more about the person that you’re actually speaking to you face-to-face. Ask about their personal life and their personal journey and what do they actually believe? Again here at RZIM Ravi has taught us to ask the four big questions: origin, meaning, morality and destiny.

I hope this helps.

Saved by Grace,

Sanj

5 Likes