When you are engaged in an evangelistic conversation, what is at the top of your mind? What is on your heart?

daily_evangelism
conversationalevangelism
hughross

(RZIM Connect Member) #1

Hi Hugh,

When you are engaged in an evangelistic conversation, what is at the top of your mind? What is on your heart?

gratefully,
Carson

(Hugh Ross) #2

I want to find out what kind of non-Christian I am engaging. Is it someone who has no barriers to salvation but needs to know what is the pathway to salvation? If it is someone who has barriers, I ask questions to find out what are the top one or two barriers. Most often, I do not need to ask. When they find out that I am a scientist and a Christian who believes in the inspiration and inerrancy of the Bible, they start asking questions, questions that reveal their biggest doubts about the Christian faith. What is on my heart is to consistently witness with Christlike demeanor. I try to always be gentle and respectful and to show that I genuinely care for the person I am engaging. Being secure in my faith also is important. When Peter says “always be prepared,” I take that as always being ready to give a logical, reasonable answer to every question or challenge I might receive from a non-Christian or skeptic. When I do hear a question for which I do not have a good answer, I write it down and ask the person if I can get back to them after I have done the necessary research.

(Kay Kalra) #3