When you disagree with workplace culture

(Andre Sam ) #1

I work in a large company where it supports equality and diversity very much. They have events and committees to support for this cause.

My question is how do we as Christian fit into these types of work culture where if you don’t see participating, you might be seeing as an outsider and not supportive to your company? I support equality and diversity in term of race and religion but not this gender dysphoria phenomena. I think gender dysphoria is a mental disease just like ADHD, bipolar and etc.

Thanks

3 Likes
(Jonathan Houle) #2

Greetings and Blessings Andre
I agree with you. While I do not work in an organization (I am a general contractor), the issue is prescient and becoming heated in today’s political climate.
Unfortunately, it will always be difficult to “fit in” when you are a true Christian. Jesus said, If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you. John 15:18. He promised that, as long as we follow Him, we cannot follow the world, and that it would come at great cost to us.
In your case, I would advise continuing to exclude yourself from such things, while also continuing to act in love toward everyone in your world. We must always remember, that God may hate sin, but He still loves sinners. And praise Him for that, as I am the chief among sinners! Be encouraged, and do not lose your reward, Andre.
May God bless you and guide you as you choose to follow Him.

2 Likes
(SeanO) #3

@Andrew1 My personal opinion would be do not violate your own conscience and love those around you well, praying that the Lord will guide you through each situation.

You might find this thread informative. Christ grant you wisdom :slight_smile:

2 Likes
(Andre Sam ) #4

I think it is very crucial for all Christian to be very selective on who they vote for and hire for high position. They need to make sure that they have Christian value. Christian need to be proactive in politics and not shy away.

1 Like