Who gets to go to heaven

My question is, what will happen to those who love God but do not acknowledge Jesus as his son. Will they go to hell? Will Jews inherit the kingdom of God? What about Muslims. They do acknowledge God right? they try really hard to live a holy life, praying every day even more than us christians. For me, I believe we are all sinners and there’re no big or small sin with God

1 Like

Hi, @njomikami :wave:

Thank you for sharing us this question. I pray that I could somehow share some insight in this subject.

This is a good starting point to discuss this topic as we could agree from this proposition that the Bible will be the sole reference for our responses as only in the Bible could we find this idea stated plainly:

Romans 6:10,23
As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

It is sin that separates us from God (Isa.59:2). It is sin that caused death to the sinners (Rom.6:23a). The ultimate separation from God is the second death in hell (Rev.21:8). But God has graciously paid for all the sins that could be committed in this world (1Jn.2:2). If that is so, what is the ultimate sin then? What would cause man to go to hell if all sins has already been paid for?

I think the author of Hebrew put this question more sharply.

Heb.10:28,29
He that despised Moses’ law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

And it was straightly answered that there is no other way but Jesus in the following verses:

Acts 4:12
Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

And that the ultimate sin is disbelief in Jesus is one of the main ministry of the Holy Spirit.

John 16:8,9
And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: Of sin, because they believe not on me;

Hope these helps :relaxed:

4 Likes

Wow. You say “The ultimate sin is disbelief in Jesus”. Its very true and This gives me chills. my heart aches for those who have chosen to ignore Jesus. Thans so much for this response

3 Likes

Glad it helps :blush:

1 Like

Good question, @njomikami. And you are right that we’re all sinners - and before God, we’re all equally sinners. And because of that, we all owe a penalty for sin that is greater than we could ever pay.

Fortunately, Christ is the sinless Son of God. And He paid the debt that we never could when He died on the cross - and He defeated death when He rose from the grave. And that’s what makes it possible for all who trust in Him to rise from the grave as well.

Now, you’ve asked about Jews and Muslims and others who do not acknowledge Jesus as the Son of God - even though they may believe in God.

Well, the problem is, if they don’t accept Jesus’ sacrifice to pay for their sin, then what else have they got to pay for it with? Did anyone else ever live a sinless life and give himself as a ransom for our souls? Does any other religion even claim such a thing? Which of these other groups you’ve mentioned follow a resurrected Savior by any other name?

Do you see the problem of a sinner trying to enter heaven without a perfect payment for his sin?

This is really what makes all the difference. If it weren’t for a perfect Substitute taking our death penalty for us and rising again, then we’d be in the exact same hopeless situation as everyone else - I Corinthians 15:14 and 17.

I hope this will make sense to you.

3 Likes

Of course we understand that we need to confess Jesus with our mouth as our Lord and believe in our heart that God had risen Him from the dead (Rm 10:19), and you are saved. However, I always remember Ravi preaching that, despite this truth, we will never know what happens to a person the moment before they die (Ravi always gave the example of Oscar Wilde), and the Bible tells us that we will be surprised by whom we will find in Heaven. May the Word of the Lord give you peace on this topic.

1 Like