Why did God choose Israel above all other nations?

Hello,

Am from Ontario, Canada. I joined connect so as to share and get apologetics insights from fellow seekers.

I pray that it shall be a resource to find answers to difficult questions and deliberate together.

My first question here is how do you explain " Why did God choose Israel above all other nations ?" to questioners?

5 Likes

Welcome to Connect, @Benjiemm!

That would be an excellent question for the Bible Questions category. Here in the Welcome to Connect section, your question won’t get the kind of traffic you’re wanting. Try posting it on the Bible Questions section to get the best answers.

Hope it helps!

3 Likes

Welcome Benjamin and lm sure you will benefit a lot from this platform. The way l see it God did not choose israel as if he is a respect or of persons rather the nation’s of israel grow from individuals who were obidient to God therefore the blessing of God was able to flow in and through generations to come , eg in the new testament Titus is commended by paul when he said lm pursuaded that the same faith which was in your grandmother, your mother is also in you so even blessing wise the family of Titus would look blessed so then that’s how it may seem like God chose isreal also Abraham was blessed so that he would be a blessing to the nation’s so just because he was blessed because he believed God ,that did not mean that he became special over other people his duty was to preach God to Godless nations .a responsibility was on him ,the same with us christians today. If you can recall scripture when Abraham lied that Sarah was her sister and God came talked to the king’s of that nation and the king questioned him why did u do such a thing lying to us Abraham said l thought lm in a Godless nations that does not fear God .so to me there were nations in that day which feared God , even the child born of hagai he also became a nation and the when the nation of israel was walking to the promised land they were cautioned not to fight Ishmael because God had a said they will became a nation . So l see God blessing isreal as a result of the obedience of abraham, and the father’s who came afterwards and the fact that he had blessed them did not mean any other nation was lesser or inferior

2 Likes

Welcome to the RZIM Community @Benjiemm!

It is a pleasure to meet you! This forum is a great place of learning and giving in these amazing depths of the knowledge of our God. Please jump on in and explore the already existing threads or, as you have already done and as @jlyons encouraged, bring your questions to the table of discussion and exploration! It is an exciting journey. Some of my favorite threads are #daily-evangelism, #bible-questions, and #christian-growth.

Glad to have you here.
Philippians 1:9-11

Thanks James. Let me check that section out.

Thanks Christiana! I found the question actually already answered!

1 Like

Thanks Emmanuel for the explanation!

1 Like

Very good, @Emmanuel - the scripture that your explanation is looking for is Deuteronomy 7:7-9. Excellent explanation of it!

1 Like