Why did the year change from 360 days to 365 day year? what happened

The ancient calendars all had a year as 360 days.
Then is 701B.C. Numa Pompillus, 2nd king of Rome, added 5 days per year.
Why?
What happened that made the year change from 360 days to 365 days?

1 Like

Found this site a while back http://360dayyear.com/

It was found that the sun was not in the same position during certain holidays throughout the years. The sun was further and further out of position as the years wore on. If the solar calendar was accurate the sun would be in the same position on the same day of the year. They found that a 360 day calendar was not an accurate measure of a year. They made the adjustment to make the calendar more accurate. A further adjustment, the leap year schedule, was made to make the calendar even more accurate.

It now accurately reflects the amount of time it takes for the earth to orbit the sun.

2 Likes

https://www.creationism.org/patten/PattenMarsEarthWars/PattenMEW10.htm

The Angular Momentum Exchange

Hi @Charles, I wrote you the other day but my post was removed. In it I mentioned that I thought you were very busy looking into spiritual warfare, and asked if this topic related to that in some way.

Here is a link pertinent to your topic. I read some of it several years ago. I don’t have at this stage in my life, the ability to take that sort of thing in very well.

There was a lot of data to support their ideas. I looked at it again just now and read around the preface and other bits to try and see if it was likely to be dodgy or not. I can’t tell. Sounds scientific to me but there is some Greek mythology or something, which I think they are using just as a reference to how the ancients thought about some of these things.

Bless you Brother,

1 Like

@philm, spiritual warfare is something that has been on my heart since I first became a Christian. As I stated before I walked away from now want to enter in but with the Lord’s wisdom and strength.
This topic here came about from me being in a bible study and going through Revelation which really ends up covering a large portion of the whole bible. This topic came up the person teaching it brought it up and had some interesting research on this.
He also brought up about Mars and Earth orbits which is another topic I put to the community.
So far no-one in this community has put forward either of his theories based on his research.
I was looking for confirmation in some sense.
I will be 70 next year and looking to see what the Lord has for me each day.

I tried to find anything in this forum about Mars and Earth orbits, but I couldn’t. I thought the link I posted mentioned resonate orbits. Did my link seem to make any sense to you?

I’m catching up to you, I will be 66 next year.

Let us keep looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame.

Even though we may behold only as in a glass, yet, if we behold His Glory, we are changed from glory to glory into His image, by His Spirit, 2Cor 3:18

Bless you richly,