Why orphans and widows are so precious to God?

Why orphans and widows are so precious to God?

2 Likes

This is a good question. First of all, we are all precious to God and he loves us all equally. I am an orphan, and I’ve noticed God pays attention especially when I cry and its because I have no one except him. He is now my father and mother and is personally responsible for me. Same thing with widows, God is now their husband. For our maker is our husband and he is personally responsible for them. I guess you might say this may be the reason.

Because of a principle that Jesus stated in Luke 14:12-14.

He said that when you make a feast, don’t invite all your rich friends knowing that they’ll turn around and invite you to theirs. But invite those who cannot do anything for you in return, because then you will be recompensed by God in the resurrection.

Widows and orphans, especially in ancient times, were in the same category as the unfortunates in Jesus’ illustration. It is when you cloth the naked, feed the hungry, give drink to the thirsty and generally serve those in need that you do it to Christ Himself.

I hope this helps you.

1 Like

I think it also shows God’s heart for all humanity, even the most lonely, bereaved, and vulnerable. They represent people who can be more easily overlooked, forgotten and exploited. Even when others don’t have eyes for them, God does. What a loving God we have!

1 Like

Thank you so much for the answer Cherry. God bless…

1 Like

Thank you so much dear James for the wonderful answer. May God richly bless you…

Amen. Thank you so much for the answer Kathleen. God bless…

Oh I love this question. I believe it is in the latter parts of the Book of James where it states that true religion is caring for widows and orphans. Paul writes in the first clhapter of Ephesians:

IN LOVE, He predestined us for adoption as sons (or daughters)

That blows my mind :partying_face: God, the creator of everything, who knows everything, before he even created the universe fell in love with me. A never stopping, never giving up, always and forever kind of love. He then predestined my life that I would fall in love with Him :green_heart:

In January of this year I adopted a little girl who was orphaned. I took chose her, took her into my family and now all that I have will be hers. It is the most natural thing I could do, as I try to be like the one who adopted me. (All glory to Him :raised_hands:) What I am learning through the process is that caring for orphans is just who God is.

Whatever you do on to the least of these you do onto me!