Wisdom of the cross

27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; I Cor 1:27

Hello everyone. I pray that your faith is growing in this hour of trial which is upon the earth. Many have turned their faces towards the God of the Cross during this challenging time. We know that God has never left us or forsaken us, but our experience makes us feel otherwise. We may feel all washed out and utterly broken, and abandoned, but we know by faith that this is not so. So we press on. As Peter said, “Lord, to whom shall we go?”. Yet for some, perhaps even for most, the wisdom of the cross is hidden, and despised. My question is how we can encourage others in the midst of the storm. No formulas. No pat answers. No fluff. Any ideas?

2 Likes

Hello and I trust all is well with you Dean?
Timely question in our current mindset.
Just want to comment on this part of your post.

I just recieved this and am encouraged by it. Here on connect we read, share, and talk much about faith, but what is going on around us in our limited contact framework ?

[(https://amac.us/faith-during-crisis-an-american-strength/?campaign=newsletter)]

In my small sphere of contacts I see this but the overall picture and further influence as we continue has promise of a great move of His Spirit across the world.

No man comes unless they are drawn to Him and many are being drawn back to faith by His Spirit. Where does our help come from it comes from our maker.
Mike

1 Like

There are many factors when sharing the hidden message. First of all, the god of this world has blinded their eyes. Second, their hearts are hard. The soil is not in the right condition. Good seed +Good soil= abundant harvest. Like you said, quoting our Lord, no man comes lest the Father draw him. That anyone, ever, hears and repents is truly a miracle.

2 Likes

@manbooks We can encourage others by being Jesus in their lives. We immerse ourselves in the Word every day. We pray. We sing. We love our families. We love our neighbors. We talk about what Jesus does in our lives. We talk about being brought from death to life. We offer to pray for people who tell us they are feeling distressed. We offer to help them if able. We judge not. We seek peace, but confront evil. We live as Heaven’s citizens.