Witnessing to co workers

Today, a muslim co worker sent some info to everyone about Ramadan since we are upon the season. I enjoy learning about other religions. Since she opened it up for us to ask her any questions, I took the opportunity while thinking of what I am learning about apologetics. Soon, she began asking me questions about Christianity. Long story short, I answered her questions and then after I sent the email, I agonized over what I wrote… if I coulda woulda shoulda said something else/differently and now wonder if Im even a real Christian anymore!!! But seriously, IS IT JUST ME!!! Growing confidence is rough!!!

2 Likes

Don’t question your faith! Just take the opportunity to grow in your understanding of your beliefs! I, myself, have been there. It is all part of the process!

2 Likes

Please know @Joshua_Hansen, that my statement was filled with an over reactive and dramatic tongue in cheek exasperation of my own over analyzing agony. :wink: i just wonder if Im the only one who does this?!?!

2 Likes

Haha! Yeah, it is easy to get overwhelmed by everything when you first dive into to study theology and apologetics. But, it is like eating elephants, one bit at a time. Also, don’t eat elephants, there aren’t many of them left.

7 Likes

LOL @Joshua_Hansen!! I needed that laugh! :rofl:

2 Likes

@Shari Funny workplace story: a department supervisor with whom I regularly interacted was Jewish. He issued an email reminding people that all chaplains needed to be screened. Thinking that our relationship was familiar enough to take a little Christian joke, I privately responded, “If Jesus were to apply, would you screen him, too?” My supervisor called me to her office within ten minutes.

I did not destroy any relationships, I still have my job, and I learned that if my heart is right with God then people generally overlook faux pas. Do not fret!

3 Likes

Brendan, thank you for sharing your story!! I need to be more left brained in this area. Although I am pretty even with my right and left brain, Im in a season of life where Im learning to fly after “broken wings” so to speak. Hearing others stories makes me feel more normal. :slight_smile: Thanks again for sharing! @blbossard

2 Likes

Yes @blbossard, God has a sense of humor too :wink::ok_hand:t5:

2 Likes

It’s not just you.

I often second guess the words or references I use when trying to give a defense of Christianity. Sometimes I over analyze something and regrettably don’t respond.

At least you responded!

As long as we respond out of love, or caring for the individual, pointing to Jesus in scripture, we can have confidence that the message should be well received.

2 Likes

Thank you for that encouragement @Onetruth68. It often feels like if I respond, I will sound like a fool and if I dont respond, I will not be a good steward. I have to remember that failure is a part of learning. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Laugh. Out. Loud.

3 Likes