Won't the wish of God be fulfilled since many won't be able to go to heaven?

Praise the Lord , brothers and sisters. Could anyone please help me with this?
According to Christianity, God loves everyone and His wish is to get everyone to heaven. But, not every one is going to make it. Does that mean what God wishes won’t be accomplished?

In Islam, since Allah only loves Muslims and not sinners, it is not his wish to get every person to heaven. Right there, it seems to me, though Allah is not all-loving, his wish is not undone. How can we respond to this argument?

4 Likes

It is my understanding that Muslim’s are not guaranteed entrance to heaven by virtue of belief or works, I understand that even Mohammed is at the mercy of Allah’s will. I also understand that according to the Quran all people are born Muslim but not all people acknowledge this assumption. If this is correct I fail to see how Allah’s will could be considered to be fulfilled if all Muslims don’t go to heaven.

In the case of the Christian God it is true that he does want any to perish as this verse says.

9 The Lord is not delaying the promise, as some consider slowness, but is being patient toward you, because he* does not want any to perish, but all to come to repentance. (2 Pe 3:9).

My understanding is this, as a parent my will for my child is good, unfortunately my child doesn’t always choice what is good. This is how I understand God dealing with his creations he allows us to make choices, good and bad.
To contrast that I understand that in Islam there is only the will of Allah, no choice outside his will for the world.
I hope this helps.

4 Likes

Hello Jathusan,
Welcome to connect I am fairly new here. The world knows John 3;16 and the core whoever believes in Him shall not perish. Mans free will which we definitely have would be voided no matter what belief we have. To receive any promises we must believe and we have that choice. All gods want us but they cant make us choose them. God ultimately knows who will or wont choose Him because He is Just and righteous in His judgement.
Love in Christ
Mike
Ps. The simple word ( if ) is the smallest, biggest word that ever was . Two little letters but a huge question of faith.

1 Like