Your One Thing from S3 E7 (Chapter 4, Pt. 1)

It’s time to answer our weekly question again.

What one thing is God asking you to do, think, or say differently this week, as you consider how to apply this week’s conversation to your life and context?

This week I plan to go back and read what I’ve written for the previous chapters. It’s too easy to name one thing and then forget it, but God doesn’t forget. How has God been working in your life as you’ve studied this book?

“God is the Boss.” That’s what the Muslim teenagers told Shawn, and it fits their worldview. But why do I live like He’s my Boss? God whispers to me, “Jen, you’re My daughter. I love you.”

This seems to be a theme in my posts lately. I almost feel foolish. We’re reading a great apologetics book, but I seldom come up with anything intellectual to say. It’s the personal, relational stuff that tugs at my heart. Maybe that’s because apologetics is personal and relational.

As Abdu Murray said in How the Gospel Speaks to Our Culture, “We need to show them what truth is worth, even as we show them what truth costs.” Some of my friends will pay a great price if they accept the gospel. I can’t take the price away, but I can live out before them the joy of dwelling in our precious Father’s love.

I’m not sure if the book, sorry I have been spending time with my dad. But God has pointed out to me that since we are to be like Little children in our walk of faith, everything can be made simple as far as instructions from the Bible! So instead of me wondering if giving money to a Person on the street who may or may not need it, I need to be listening to God’s voice all the time to guide me in every area of life!

The Bible says that Jesus only spoke what the Father taught him to speak, so I figure if That is my prayer and practice of submitting to God even my own thoughts and words that I speak, life will be filled with more Liberty because God intends us to submit to his willl and in that we can be confident that we are living the life that God wants us to live! Life is to short to ponder what other people’s intentions are and try to read their minds! It’s all in God’s hands! Live the Life of Freedom simply by submitting to God and you will truly understand what it means to be free!!!

1 Like

@John_Hunter_II, thanks for jumping into the conversation. If you’re interested in reading the book, you can get it at Jesus Among Secular Gods (Amazon link). We’d love to have you involved in our podcast discussions, and we’re pretty casual with timing. People can work through the book and podcasts at any rate they want and then post about the chapter they’re on.

By the way, could you share with me what you mean when you say, “if Imthta is my prayer”? I’m not familiar with that terminology.

Lol that is my autocorrect gone bonkers! :crazy_face: I just went back to correct some of those typos!

1 Like

Thanks for the link! I did by this boook I just need to start reading it! Thanks for the heads up!!!

1 Like

Lol. Typos are fine, but when autocorrect has a creativity burst, communication can be interesting. :smiley:

I’m excited to hear your thoughts on the book. We do half a chapter at a time, so you don’t even have to finish a whole chapter before commenting.

1 Like